15 Facts About Me
- My name is Heidi. (my grandma's name is Heidi and I also have a cousin Heidi).
- I am the oldest of 3 girls
- I have been with my Husband since we were sophomores in high school- that's 12 years together. We just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary last week.
- We have 2 kids- 4 going on 16 year old daughter and our son is 3.
- I love coffee- I would drink it all day if it didn't give me the jitters!
- I am a frequent shopper at Target (it's kind of a problem- for my husband, not me)
- I am a licensed cosmetologist- I work part time right now in a salon. I think I always new I was going to be a hairstylist from a young age, I was always wanting my hair cut or colored.
- I enjoy doing anything artsy or creative- love sewing, scrapbooking, decorating, photography, drawing, fashion... the list could go on really
- I don't speak with my father or stepdad- not by choice really. I think they both decided having kids wasn't for them (I think). I have tried to reach out, but with no luck. Some days I find myself crying over it because I don't have a 'Dad' that I can just call up and say "hey what's up", most of the time I just feel sorry for them- for missing out on my life growing up and enjoying my kids lives.
- I consider my Mom to be my mentor- raising 3 girls and working full time, she is probably one of the strongest women I know. She inspired me everyday.
- I lived on a ranch a good majority of my life. At the time I hated it because we were so far from town and our friends, but now I enjoy it (I don't live on a ranch now, just a ways from town).
- I use to have a dirt bike. It was my 8th grade graduation present. Probably one of the one things I did like about living on a ranch and miss. Maybe one day we can be a little dirt bike family or something.
- I am really critical of myself- whether its how I look or things I do. I am definitely my harshest critic.
- I have always dreamed of living in New York, since I was really little I have just always loved New York. I visited after graduating high school and hope to back again.
- I have a problem with not saying 'no'. I am a people pleaser by nature, which I don't think is a bad thing really, but I have a hard time telling people no for fear of them being angry with me. I have a hard time speaking up, and expressing my feelings out loud. I am trying to be better about it, and know that it is ok to say no and be okay about it.
Hoping that this will get the gears going so I can crank out more posts. I have been wanting to share stories and personal stuff- but I am never sure if anyone will really want to read it. Might have to step out of that comfort zone and just do it.