7.10.2014

beach | day

So I made a 'Summer List', You can see it here. And I am making a point to start checking things off of it. The other day they kids and I escaped the heat for some cool breeze and ocean air. 


 
It was the perfect escape! And the kids had a blast. We rarely make the 45 min drive- like I only think we've been twice in the past 4 years, eeks! They were asking the entire drive "are we there yet?"- typical right. The squeals that came from the back seat as ocean became visible was not only ear piercing, but equally heart bursting! I love when they can't contain their excitement. 

 


 
 
We dipped our toes in the cold water (literally only our toes, those waves are quite intimidating to little ones) and rolled in the warm sand- well my son did, must be a boy thing. And it wouldn't be a successful beach trip with out sand castle building. 
 
 
 
 
We left with sun-kissed cheeks, salty hair, and a handful of memories. I made a mental note that we need to go more often! 

  • Beach Trip: CHECK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading your comments!!

Blogging tips