So when it came to throwing Lil Man his 2nd birthday party, of course I had to do mustaches! (Although this theme has become more common lately with the mustache craze, I still love it!) I went nuts about 2 weeks prior up until the day of getting things ready! I actually even decorated the house about a week before the actual party! I was trying to make less work and stress for myself, and I have to say that it really helped!! I am usually a last minute person with everything, so getting lots done in advance was pretty much amazing.
I have to say, that I am extremely happy with how the entire day went. Lots of smiles and laughter through out the house- I think that equals SUCCESS!
- I covered our hutch with one of those plastic table cloths. I rubbed chalk all over it to give it that chalkboard look, did this before I hung it up. I wish I would have put the table cloth in the sun or something to get rid of the fold-lines, but it worked for what it was.
- I found a mustache paper punch and went crazy punching out little mustaches and made some garland with them using the sewing machine. I love how it turned out (it was a pain to untangle though when the kids got a hold of them several times!)
- If you don't have a pom pom maker- GET ONE! I know there are tons of tricks out there to make them, but using the pom pom maker made it go quick and less problems! Strung it up to make a fun garland.
- I ordered these cardboard banner cut outs to make his birthday banner.
- Used some tissue balls to hang up to a fun, unexpected element above the dessert table.
I tried to keep everything in the Black & White theme, the food as well. Also trying to keep them as "mustache-manly" as possible, but kid appropriate. Trail mix, pretzels, cookies, chocolate, tootsie rolls, marshmallows... For actual nutritional food, we had ribs and meatloaf sliders- which were completely gone by the time I went to go snap pictures of them!
For favors, I grabbed treat bags so everyone could take as much sugar home with them so it wasn't left at my house! Less I have to store and hide from the kids, the better!
Most importantly, my Lil Guy had so much fun! He was of course spoiled, with not only gifts, but LOTS of love!!!
Now to start planning Lil Miss' 4th birthday! Luckily I have until December to get that all squared away!!