2.07.2013

valentine blogging party



A few weeks back I joined in on a Valentine's swap being hosted be some of my favorite bloggers! I was so excited to find out who my swap buddy was, I actually jumped the gun and went shopping in excitement!
I was partnered with the BEAUTIFUL Shane from Whispering Sweet Nothings. Such a cute blog name right there! I am so glad we were paired together, I feel like we have some similar interests- Ice Cream & Chocolate... Oh how fun it would be to chat over a nice chocolate sundae!
I wont share what I sent her just in case she hasn't received or open hers yet, but I will share the goodies she sent me! 
There was a CUTE little heart tin as well, but my daughter claimed it for herself!

These earrings are so sweet! She actually has an Etsy shop full of beautiful jewelry she makes herselfWhispering Sweet Nothings Shop
Shane sent me this cute little paper to be inserted into a frame that would double as a message board. What a cute idea!! 
She also sent over some questions, so I thought I would answer a few of them here.
  1. Who has given you the best relationship advise, and what was it? I would have to say my mom. She is the one I go to when ever I am in need of advise for basically anything. It's hard to pick just one thing, but one of the best things she has told me is to Communicate. Communication is the key to any successful relationship. I can't say that I am the greatest at it, but over the years I have learned to speak my mind and from the heart. It has helped so much in many situations.
  2. Do you think romance is an important part of a couple's everyday life? If so, what is the best way to keep it alive? Well I think there are lots of things that keep the romance alive, but I wont get all 50 Shades on you! I think simple things like a kiss or holding hands keep that spark there. Not only those, but simple conversation. Asking how one's day was at dinner, laughing together at a funny story. Staying connected both physically and mentally are some key things to help keep things alive.
  3. Discuss a dream you would like to pursue together this year. For me, I would love to have more date nights. Get out together with out the kids, to help remind us of where it all started before we became parents. While it's always hard to leave the littles behind to enjoy ourselves, it's something we need to do on a regular basis. And not just for special occasions either, more just be cause dates. 



Thank you to our wonderful hosts for putting this together!!
Casey // The Wiegands
Nicole // The Style Hatch
Lauren // From My Grey Desk
Alycia // Crowley Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading your comments!!

Blogging tips