6.21.2012

{DIY} GLITTER Photo Booth Props

So here is my first {DIY PROJECT}...Bare with me and my instructions!
 I have been wanting to make some of these bad boys for awhile, but they always seem to get put on the back burner. But, because I have a photo booth shoot coming up in a few weeks, I thought I better get to it and get these done! Super easy to do, and I have to say, I was very happy with the results!!


Supplies:
Glitter Card stock Paper (I got mine at Michael's)
Chipboard (ordered mine on Amazon, because our
Michael's doesn't carry it)
Some dowels 
Exacto Knife & Scissors
Hot Glue Gun/Glue Sticks
 Image Templates (http://www.accenttheparty.com)
Trace your cut out template on to the back of the glitter card stock and cut out. I then took a Sharpie and colored the white edges so it wouldn't stand out in pictures (or look tacky for that matter)
I then did the same thing with the chipboard. And this is where the exacto knife comes in handy to get a smooth edge. 
*After I had made my first one, I decided to make my chipboard pieces smaller that the card stock so there was no chance of it sticking out (see image below)



Then hot glue the chipboard and card stock pieces together. And finish by attaching your dowel to the chipboard. You could either paint or add so fun ribbon around the dowel...but I was just happy with the natural, and that I had finished them.

They turned out pretty cute! I think I might add a few more fun ones in there, a beard and may be an eye patch for giggles!! 
Hope this was easy to follow and that you have fun making your own!
I look forward to posting many more projects in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading your comments!!

Blogging tips