12.07.2012

crock pot chicken & brussel sprout pasta


Yesterday I was finding it a little challenging to come up with something to make for dinner! If you are like me, you like to utilize your crock pot as much as possible. But we are at the point where we need to hit the grocery store, because dinner ideas with what we have in the fridge are becoming ridiculous! And if you are like me, you dread grocery shopping with the munchkins because you are bound to forget at least half the items on you list. That's why we have Husbands though right??!
Okay, back on track. So we basically didn't have the essentials for a commonly made dinner, so I had to pull from other sources to make this possible...My Mom!! I had chicken tenders and brussel sprouts, but had no clue what to make with it, since that was about all I had. (Did I mention that the Hubs will be going grocery shopping when he gets off work?? I should probably mention that to him). Of course a quick phone call to my mom to save the day!!

Crock Pot Chicken & Brussel Sprout Pasta
Crock Pot Ingredients:
About 9 frozen chicken tender (you can use chicken breasts if that's what you have)
a bag of brussel sprouts; cleaned and stem ends trimmed off
2 tsp Original Mrs. Dash 
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp garlic & herb spice
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
**If you have bacon, which I didn't and wish I did, you can add some chopped bacon to this too**

Place brussel sprouts in the crock pot, followed by chicken (and bacon if you are using any). The sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the top. Place lid on and set to cook low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Once you get to about 30 mins left on the crock pot, you can start the pasta.
Pasta Ingredients:
package of pasta, cooked to package directions
3 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup almond meal
2 tsp garlic salt
pepper to taste

Cook your pasta as the package suggests. When done, drain and place in a medium bowl. Add 3 tbsp of olive oil to the noodles and toss the noodles until they are coated well. Add the almond meal, garlic salt and pepper and mix with noodles until well coated. TADA!

 Now just serve your chicken and brussel sprouts with your pasta, you have a yummy and healthy dinner!! Little did I know that my Hubs doesn't like brussel sprouts... OOPS! So he opted to to just eat the chicken and pasta. I like to keep my pasta separate when storing the left overs too, it makes a nice little snack or lunch the following day, but the Hubs ate all the pasta.... 


**You can substitute the pasta for gluten free noodles, and you have a GFree meal.**



7 comments:

  1. Brussel sprout pasta? YUM! I would be happy eating that without the chicken! I adore brussel sprouts, my mouth is watering :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think brussel sprouts get a bad rap! They are pretty tasty!

      Delete
  2. This looks great!! Thanks for sharing (I'm totally trying it)

    New follower from the blog hop
    http://lifeexperienceneeded.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This looks delicious, I will definitely be trying this! I'm a new follower from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... this is in the crock pot as we speak! can't wait to taste the outcome! :]

    ReplyDelete

Love reading your comments!!

Blogging tips