7.09.2012

Fourth of July...2012


July 4, 1776... The day our beautiful country declared it's Independence!
And here we are, 236 years later...still Independent. Although it hasn't been the easiest... 
We've fought battles, witnessed disasters, and experienced tragedies.
But we still stand as One United Country.
A country that I am so proud to call HOME!
I am PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!

Every year, My AMAZING friends Karen & Stephen, put on a fabulous BBQ. They invite all their friends and family to celebrate the Fourth of July and also to show their Gratitude to our awesome Veterans & Active Service Men & Women. (Their son is currently serving in the Marines).
 There are fun games, GIANT water slides and kiddie pools, an abundance of ICE cold refreshments and the yummiest food (all homemade might I add). And ending the day by taking drive down the road, all the Polaris' decked out in their Red White & Blue parked on top of a vacant lot, watching the lights explode in the Sky! Oohs and Aahs!!
 And  remembering why we are all here... To remember those who have lost their lives, those who have fought for our Freedom, and all that continue fight so that we can sit on top of this hill and feel so safe and loved surrounded by family and friends.

This year to add to the fun festivities of the day, I offered up doing a Vintage Red White & Blue Themed Photo Booth. It took many {DIY} projects and a few thrifty purchases, but I think that it came together better than I could have imagined!!
I took some burlap, some white lace that I dyed with Tea and stapled them to 2in x 1in x 6ft piece of wood and hung it up on to a shed. Hung up my Fabric Fourth of July Banner. Made some of those fun Tissue Balls (definitely need to perfect making those). And set up a fun vintage chair that I found on Craigslist. I was pretty proud of myself for pulling this together!
Now it was time to get this show started!! Everyone seemed to enjoy it, and even got a little silly and dressed up with the photo props that I made and bought (I purchased a bunch of Fourth of July items from Michael's when they had everything at 50% off!)
I definitely want to do this again and try out different themes and find more funky photo props to add to the silliness!!
Here are a few of my favorite pictures that were taken, hope you enjoy!!

This little guy was my BIGGEST FAN!! You will see why as you continue...










I actually took a picture!! This is one of my AWESOME Friends Jen!!









This was one of my favorite pictures of the day...

If you would like to see more of these fun pictures, check out my photography page on
 Facebook, Heidi Toevs Photography.
I will also try to get these up on my photography blog soon too,
Heidi Toevs Photography.

Thanks!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading your comments!!

Blogging tips