7.31.2012

{Product Review} Original Sprout Tahitian Collection



As a licensed cosmetologist of 6 years, finding the perfect product can be a daunting task. There are so many to choose from, and knowing what which one is perfect for your hair type can make you want to pull your hair out!
I got the opportunity to do a review for the company  Original Sprout. They carry a wonderful  line of bathing and hair products. Originally geared towards baby and children, but most recently launching a new line for the Mommies (& Daddies). I have been a FAITHFUL Original Sprout user for the last 3 years. I use their baby line on both of my kids and SWEAR by every product! What makes this line great and different from others, it's a CLEAN product, which means it doesn't contain those nasty ingredients that we are always trying to avoid (but still seem to be in EVERYTHING!) It is especially great for those who have allergies to many things (It's Gluten Free, Dairy and Soy Free, No Oils or other irritants that may cause concern)

OK, so lets get down to the knitty-gritty! 
To get the FULL use out of this product, I enlisted the help of my Mother. Her hair type is completely different than mine, which I thought would make great for the review (2 different hair types are better than one, right!?) She has very thick, highlighted, curly hair, that frizzes at the just the thought of humidity! (It's probably frizzing right now, as we are talking about it!) And I have wavy, medium, color treated hair. We both used it for a week in place of our regular products.

I have to say from my side, I am in love with this product! It smells great, and doesn't have that lingering perfumey smell that most tend to have and leave you with a headache. The shampoo makes your hair feel smooth after rinsing, in my experience most leave your hair feeling some what dry and aching for you to slather the conditioner on. And the conditioner is just AWESOME! I leave it on for about 5 minutes then rinse in cool water to seal in the moisture. My hair has never felt better! For me it dries soft and smooth with minimal frizzing. I feel like I can get away without using any post shower smoothing gels. 
My mom  had just about the same feelings as I did. Although, hers still had the frizzing issue (just one of those things she has to deal with). She loved the smell and feel of her hair afterwards. 

I also used on my kids as well since it is such a CLEAN product. Loved that it kept my daughters hair manageable and soft in between baths and hair brushing.

Overall I think that if you choose to go with this product, you will not be disappointed! It is a little on the pricier side, but in my honest opinion it is well worth the extra dollars! 
You can order directly from their website 
If you are local to the San Luis Obispo area, check out Kahuna Kids in Paso Robles, Ca. They carry the full Original Sprout line and can answer any questions you might have about it while you're there, cause they are awesome like that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading your comments!!

Blogging tips